Marshall D. Culpepper
THE JEENYUS CORNER
Of all the excuses one could come up with for why Mitt Romney lost the presidential election, there is one that that sticks out as completely absurd. In an article posted to Yahoo! News, writers for the Wall Street Journal claims that it was a lack of funds that cost the Romney/Ryan ticket the White House.
“Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest men ever to run for president. And yet the lack of money earlier this year stalled his campaign, and he never really recovered.” -Wall Street Journal
Romney was “more damaged than commonly realized” after a brutal primary that required large amounts of cash to win, according to the article.
While this is obviously true, the writers of this article neglect to point out the biggest factor of all. You don’t win an election by disenfranchising the fastest growing and most energized portion of the Republican Party. The liberty movement inspired by former presidential candidate, Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) largely abandoned the GOP after being treated poorly at the Republican National Convention that took place in Tampa, FL.
A large segment of the “Paul-bots” went on to either cast write-in votes for the “Champion of the Constitution”, or threw their support behind Gary Johnson. The former New Mexico Governor was the presidential candidate for the Libertarian Party which saw it’s most successful presidential bid in the party’s history. Gov. Johnson gathered more than one million votes.
All things considered, it’s safe to assume that the GOP Candidate was Dead On Arrival. The Republican bid to recapture the White House was killed by a self inflicted gunshot wound to the foot (or head).
While Obama rules over the land for four more years, the clueless GOP and Right-wing pundits may want to re-evaluate what (if anything) their party stands for. They just might want to start listening to the very voters they alienated in this year’s election cycle, because if they don’t, they may as well slam the lid on their own casket.
- Ron Paul revolution continues in Congress | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Doug Wead: How Mitt Romney cheated his way to the GOP nomination | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Romney’s last, greatest ‘turnaround’ falls short | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Romney’s Campaign Plane Dismantled | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- GOP in Deep Trouble, Ron Paul Looking Good | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Liberty Candidates Already Eyeing White House In 2016 | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Doug Wead- Rand Paul for President: 2016 | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Gary Johnson starts off the general election with 6% of the vote | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Gary Johnson runs most successful Libertarian campaign in party’s history | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul foresees 2012 outcome: Status Quo Will Win | JCTV | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)