State Senator Tom Davis (R-SC), lashed out at a U.S. Senator from his home state of South Carolina. Davis posted a link to a YouTube video of Sen. Lindsay Graham in which Graham said, “We’re not going to build a party around Libertarian ideas.” The video was posted to YouTube in 2009, but with the ever growing liberty movement, such a sound-byte could be harmful to Sen. Graham in future re-elections.
Tom Davis has become a surging super-star in the liberty movement, especially his heavily sought-after endorsement went to the libertarian favorite, Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX). He joined several other SC Republicans in backing the man known as the “Champion of the Constitution”, including Sen. Lee Bright (R-Spartanburg, SC), and Sen. Kevin Bryant (R-Anderson, SC).
With his rising popularity and the conservative liberty movement’s growing distain for U.S. Sen. Graham, There have been whispers among SC conservatives that Davis would have a good chance to be elected if he chose to run for a national office.
It’s not clear if Davis would consider such a run, and there has been no public indication that he is planning to do so. (one can only hope so.)
VIDEO: Lindsey Graham Slams Ron Paul and Republicans With Libertarian Values
- Fla. Sen. Rubio thanks South Carolinians, DeMint for role in his election (kansascity.com)
- SC Senator Tom Davis Realizes Mitt Romney Doesn’t ‘Get It’ (jeenyuscorner.com)
- GOP senators in NC to talk up defense spending (miamiherald.com)
- Ted Cruz cruises to Texas GOP Senate primary win (givemeliberty01.wordpress.com)
- Cruz downs Dewhurst in bruising race (kxan.com)
- Sen. Lindsey Graham’s plan would open S.C. coast to offshore drilling (kansascity.com)
- ‘Outsiders’ say Texas race important to nation (mysanantonio.com)
- U.S. Senate brings Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Caucus back to life (green.autoblog.com)
- Tea Party Power Tested in Texas Senate Runoff (realclearpolitics.com)
- Liberty Movement Will Outlast the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street (dailypaul.com)
- Tea Party’s Cruz projected winner in Republican Senate race (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Rand Paul: “I am not a libertarian” (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Voters Set To Decide Heated U.S. Senate Race (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- Tea Party hoping for upset in Texas Republican Senate runoff (reuters.com)
- Tea Party hoping for upset in Texas Republican Senate runoff – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Cruz defeats Dewhurst in GOP U.S. Senate race (click2houston.com)